POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
9 Oct 2024 19:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Feb 2009 12:13:45
Message: <498c6fc9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Ah yes, as with so many games, I have now reached an impass. :-}
>
>       Which part?

I'm at one end of a large valley. I need to get to the other end along
the river. Except that that's the way I just came, and the entire KPA is
already looking for me there.

I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't find any way out of
the valley without going past all the patrols. It could take months to
stealth past them all - and one wrong move and I'll be instantly cut to
mincemeat by the hopelessly outnumbering hordes.

Still, I guess this is what hardened game players call "fun".
(Personally, I prefer having a possibility of victory. When defeat is
certain, that isn't fun for me.)

>> Maybe I'll just reply it from the beginning...
>>
>> (Also, today the game is jittery and keeps locking up. Weird!)
>
>       No idea. :)

Likewise. I rebooted and it went away.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/